No-one saw Bristol City’s 2-1 Carabao Cup victory over Manchester United coming, least of all the City fans themselves.
After Joe Bryan’s first half opener put the Championship outfit ahead, Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s equaliser seemed as though it was taking the game to extra-time only for Korey Smith to pop up with a 93rd minute winner.
It meant that Ashton Gate was a crazy place to be as fans spilled onto the pitch in celebration, sliding on their knees and hugging their heroes.
And as you can see from these images, there was plenty going on.
1. The celebrations got so crazy that at one point a flag grew arms and legs and paraded around the pitch
2. There was simultaneous hugging
3. Santa was joining in
4. In fact, he was everywhere
5. Goal hero Korey Smith made some new friends
6. Even this dog looked excited
7. Everyone was filming the celebration on their phones… because unless you can Instagram it, it didn’t happen
8. Amid the carnage, Romelu Lukaku was able to slip away unnoticed
9. This guy wanted to hear what the United fans made of it all (not a lot, presumably)
10. And there was even a hug for Jose
Who’ll win the Carabao Cup this season?
2000+ VOTES SO FAR